The definitive historical document concerning the apparitions of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which took place in 1531, is called the Nican Mopohua (after the first two words of the document in its original language, Nahuatl). This page has some good historical background on it. And you can read it in English translation here. It is well worth a read!
Father B. Jerabek, J.C.L.Birmingham, Alabama (older posts from Rome, Italy)
My Twitter ActivityMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- Christmas Gifts for Priests, 2019 Edition
- When Can We Decorate for Christmas?
- Book Review: The Priests We Need to Save the Church
- Recommended Vestment Makers
- Most Popular Posts and Assorted Others
- The Silence of God
- Our Response to Unworthy Priests and Bishops
- The Churching of Women
- Can the Devil Read Our Thoughts?
- Learning How to Serve the Traditional Latin Mass (TLM) – Unit 1 Home Study
- Fat Priests
- Some Problems with Whole Wheat Hosts
I Recommend This