There is large church in town dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, staffed by Carmelite priests. The Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is next Tuesday, July 16. They are already getting ready for the big day (more to come on that…), including prominently positioning the statue in the church during the time of the novena leading up to it, vesting the statue in special garments, ringing the bells, setting off fireworks from the church roof (just the kind that make a loud bang), etc. Feast days are a very serious thing around here!
Father B. Jerabek, J.C.L.Birmingham, Alabama (older posts from Rome, Italy)
My Twitter ActivityMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- Christmas Gifts for Priests, 2019 Edition
- When Can We Decorate for Christmas?
- Book Review: The Priests We Need to Save the Church
- Recommended Vestment Makers
- Most Popular Posts and Assorted Others
- The Silence of God
- Our Response to Unworthy Priests and Bishops
- The Churching of Women
- Can the Devil Read Our Thoughts?
- Learning How to Serve the Traditional Latin Mass (TLM) – Unit 1 Home Study
- Fat Priests
- Some Problems with Whole Wheat Hosts
I Recommend This