There is large church in town dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, staffed by Carmelite priests. The Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is next Tuesday, July 16. They are already getting ready for the big day (more to come on that…), including prominently positioning the statue in the church during the time of the novena leading up to it, vesting the statue in special garments, ringing the bells, setting off fireworks from the church roof (just the kind that make a loud bang), etc. Feast days are a very serious thing around here!
Father B. Jerabek, J.C.L.Birmingham, Alabama (older posts from Rome, Italy)
My Twitter ActivityMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- Thank You
- Sermon on Fatima
- Images above Altars
- Why Do Some Sign Themselves during the Penitential Rite?
- Something You (Sometimes) See in Seminary Chapels
- Is the daily Rosary a guarantee of heaven?
- Prayers Please
- Walking the Road to God
- Rome Pilgrimage – February 1-11
- Having A Home Chapel
- UPDATE – Formula of Absolution
- Thanks Again
I Recommend This