Below, another video from the parish festival for the feast of St. Anne that we attended last Friday evening here in Querétaro, México – it is sort of a “survey” of the different elements of that parish bazaar. It had something for every member of the family. In fact, see if you can find the following elements in the video:
- The fair-style “boat” ride that swings dangerously close to a big mess of power lines.
- The fair-style “boat” ride that swings within inches of the church building.
- The greased pole with various “prizes” hanging at the top for those who could make it up there [we watched several guys try, but by the time we left they had only made it about 2/3 of the way up]. The prizes included four-packs of toilet paper.
- The fireworks “tower” (yet to be ignited).
- A vendor selling frozen strawberries, ice cream, and popcorn.
- Guys standing on the roof of the church, standing by to light fireworks and ring bells as needed.
All this and more: fun times celebrating the saints in Mexico!