Mary’s Most Beautiful Title

I came across a reference to a parish named “Sweetest Heart of Mary” on social media tonight, and it got me thinking about Our Lady’s titles. That’s a pretty sweet one (ha!). But I haven’t yet decided on what I think is the most beautiful title of our Blessed Mother.

What do you think is Mary’s most beautiful title?

This entry was posted in Ad Hoc and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Mary’s Most Beautiful Title

1. Maria says:

I really like Stella Maris…Star of the Sea

2. Lori Gregory says:

I like Immaculate Mary. It reminds me of the beautiful song by the same title we would sing in May processions in elementary school. Whatever happened to May processions?

3. hashtagcatholic says:

Holy Mother of God

4. Mother Thrice Admirable (Mother of God, Mother of the Redeemer, and Mother of the Redeemed). This is the title which we Schoenstatters refer to her.

5. Brian E. Breslin says:

Nothing sweeter than Mother of God!

6. gina zierdt says:

I like mother because she is Mother of God and our Mother with unconditional love.

7. 9jaime says:

I have grown to love Our Lady of Le Leche after becoming a mother and nursing all my babies.

8. I agree with Mother of God.

9. Trevor says:

I’d be interested to know the meanings of the symbols in the icon at the top of this post. Specifically the fishes with other fishes in their mouths.

10. Tom Woods says:

“I am the Immaculate Conception”.

11. KBT says:

Mother of God

12. richardchonak says:

“Sweetest Heart of Mary”, a beautiful edifice in Detroit, has a curious history. Founded by Polish Americans disaffected from their diocese after the bishop removed their pastor, it operated for several years independent of the Diocese of Detroit until the Apostolic Delegate compelled the local bishop to make peace and bring the parish into full communion. An architectural feature in the church recalls those early days of conflict: a special row of seats in the back of the church, reserved for the lay trustees of the parish, remains there today.

The rose-colored panels in the church’s altar and reredos certainly underscore the theme of sweetness. 🙂

13. Andi Andrzejewski says:

You know I have thought about this since you linked it on twitter yesterday, I can come up with nothing that means more to me than Mary, Mother of Clergy. While I am not a priest, never can be, this one touches my heart and soul like no other.

14. Mary Cameron says:

In the Litany, the titles that I like best are Gate of Heaven and Refuge of Sinners.

15. Linda Park says:

What is this image? It’s a gorgeous icon I’ve never seen before. And I love Untier of Knots, and Queen of Heaven.

16. Jenna says:

It’s hard to pick a favorite title of Mary! I find “Seat of Wisdom” to be especially beautiful, but I’m wondering if that’s not due to three years of Santa Croce subliminal messaging. 🙂

(N.b. for people other than Fr. Jerabek…in our canon law program, we always ended our classroom prayers with the invocation: “Holy Mary, Seat of Wisdom, pray for us”.)