Father B. Jerabek, J.C.L.Birmingham, Alabama (older posts from Rome, Italy)
My Twitter ActivityMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- St. Peter Damian, Pray For Us
- Punctuality and the Virtue of Religion
- More Good Cloistered Nuns
- Blessing Enemies – Or Else
- How Many Intentions Per Mass?
- Morbid Introspection
- The Best Incense
- Where May the Blessed Sacrament Be Reserved?
- Children in Church
- May Deacons Use the 1962 Blessings?
- Candlemas 2019
I Recommend This
Tag Archives: Ceilings
This afternoon I prayed for you all at the tomb of St. Aloysius Gonzaga, whose feast we celebrate today. His tomb is in the great church of St. Ignatius, a few blocks from where I live. Here is a photo … Continue reading
Here’s the view I had when I looked up at the Sainte-Chapelle in Paris, on my recent trip there. The Sainte-Chapelle, or Holy Chapel, was consecrated in 1248, having been constructed by St. Louis (King Louis IX) as a chapel to … Continue reading
A bonus picture to add to my previous post about the Sistine Chapel: a photo of the ceiling. Notwithstanding the blurriness (worse around the edges) and light glare, it gives you a pretty good view of about 2/3 of the … Continue reading