Father B. Jerabek, J.C.L.Birmingham, Alabama (older posts from Rome, Italy)
My Twitter ActivityMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- Blessing of Paschal Foods/Easter Baskets
- Altar of Repose 2019
- The Mothers of Lu
- Our Lady of Sorrows in Passiontide
- Trust the Church of God
- How Much Water in the Wine?
- Passiontide Veiling & Unbleached Candles
- Does Friday Penance Bind Gravely?
- The Realism of Moral Manuals
- The Priests’ Sabbath Rest
- The Physical Presence?
- The Placement of the Corporal – and the Hands
I Recommend This
Tag Archives: Ex Votos
During my recent trip to Wisconsin I was delighted to learn of a wayside chapel near to where I was staying, which was, itself, amidst the rolling farmland — not far from a big city, but very rural. Now usually, … Continue reading
On my recent trip to Venice I stopped in the Church of St. Jeremiah (as in, Old Testament prophet), and there I saw the tomb of St. Lucy of Syracuse (d. 304), whose body is “incorrupt”. I put that word … Continue reading
Back in October, as I reported here, I had the opportunity to visit the famous Sanctuary of Our Lady of Rosary in Pompeii, a town that sits in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius (the active volcano), just south of Naples. … Continue reading