Father B. Jerabek, J.C.L.Birmingham, Alabama (older posts from Rome, Italy)
My Twitter ActivityMy Tweets
Recent Blog Posts
- Ringing the Bell at the Consecrations
- Rose Petals on Pentecost
- Confession during Mass?
- Eleven Years
- The Biretta
- Gestures during the Gloria
- Retirement of a Bishop
- Come, Holy Spirit — What does this mean?
- How Does One Make Holy Water?
- Who may use the Exorcism of Pope Leo XIII?
- A (Simplistic?) Thought on Medjugorje
- The Marital Debt
I Recommend This
Tag Archives: Storytime
The practice of ringing a bell at the consecration (or striking a small gong-like bell or using some other sort of chimes) is not required, but is certainly widespread. Some places did abandon it in the past half-century, sometimes for … Continue reading
This past Sunday, June 9 — Pentecost — we had our second annual “Shower of Rose Petals” in my parish at the conclusion of our 11am Solemn Mass. This custom picks up on the rather ancient tradition at the Pantheon … Continue reading